Rice Fried Vegetables
Hey guys! Meatless Mondays are back! FINALLY! I can share these yummy and healthy food recipes with you that I’ve gotten off my recipe books, online and from other people even some recipes I made myself. But today I’m sharing with you this delicious recipe from Vegetariantimes.com its a vegetable rice reversal, The vegetables are the dominant ingredients and the rice is just secondary.
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil or peanut oil divided
- 3 Large eggs, beaten
- 3 large onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 3 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2lb. chopped asparagus or green beans
- 1 medium carrot, cut in thin slices on the diagonal (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 4 cups chopped kale, collards spinach or Swiss chard
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2Tbs. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sriracha chile sauce
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Heat small skillet over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tsp. oil and swirl to coat pan. Wait 30 seconds, then add eggs
- Tilt pan in all directions to let the eggs flow to the edges and cook 2-3 minutes, lifting cooked eggs to allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath.
- Flip omelet, and cook 30 seconds more, or until dry, but not browned.
- Transfer to plate.
- Heat large deep skillet or wok over medium heat 1 minute.
- Add remaining oil and swirl to coat Pan.
- Add green onions and ginger and Saute for 5 minutes or until onions are soft
- Stir in broccoli, asparagus, carrot and garlic and stir fry 8-10 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Fold in Kale with tongs. Cook 2 minutes or until kale is bright green and slightly wilted.
- Stir in rice, soy sauce, egg strips and sriracha chile sauce.
- Serve topped with peas and almonds