Hungry Girl‘s Spinach, Tomato, Feta ‘n Egg Wrap Attack
- 1 La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low-Carb/Low-Fat Tortilla, Large (sometimes labeled Smart & Delicious Low Carb High Fiber)
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute [I prefer using real eggs -Lara]
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Athenos Reduced Fat Natural Feta Cheese, Crumbled with Basil & Tomato (or plain Reduced Fat Crumbled)
- 1 tbsp. Hunt’s Tomatoes, Fire Roasted Diced with Garlic
- 2 pieces sun-dried tomato in oil & spices, chopped
- Spray a small pan with nonstick spray, and bring to medium heat.
- Add egg substitute, and cook to form an egg patty (flipping and folding until firm).
- Remove egg patty and set aside.
- Remove the pan from heat, re-spray, and then return to medium heat. Add chopped spinach and both types of tomatoes. Stirring occasionally, cook for about 1 minute (until spinach has wilted).
- Add the cheese to the pan and cook for an additional 30 seconds (cheese should be melt-y). Remove from heat, and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat tortilla in the microwave until slightly warm.
- Place veggie/cheese mixture in the center of the tortilla.
- Place egg patty on top, and wrap the tortilla up envelope style (folding the sides in first, and then rolling it up from the bottom).
- Place wrap in the toaster oven (with the seam-side down) and bake for 1 – 2 minutes (until thoroughly heated). Enjoy!
This is the very first Monday Munchers’ Official post. So I hope you try out this Recipe from Hungry Girl and tell me what you think?
Here are my thoughts on this though. I don’t like using substitutes like Egg Beaters because I would much rather eat the real thing even if it means bringing up the calorie count by a bit. I would like to stay away from processed food as much as possible. That being said I’d like to hear your thoughts on it
Lara Krystle Novales
Thinspirational Journey | Fit, Healthy, & Beautiful
Weight Loss and FItness Blogger