- 1 light English muffin
- 2 thick slices from a large firm plum tomato (Roma tomatoes)
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 piece light mozzarella string cheese, pulled into strips
- 1 teaspoon light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- optional salt, black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small dish, combine butter and garlic. Mix well and set aside
- Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Cook tomato slices for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until lightly blackened.
- Split English muffin into halves. Spread garlic-butter mixture evenly over both halves. Top each half evenly with mozzarella cheese strips
- Place three basil leaves on top of each cheese-topped muffin half, followed by tomato slices.
- Place halves on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted and muffin halves are toasty, about 5 minutes.
- Finish off with a dash of salt and pepper on top of each tomato, if you like
NOTE from HungryGirl:
Caprese means “in style of Capri,” an island off the coast of Italy (about halfway down the west side of the boot). The colors in the traditional salad of tomato basil, and mozzarella are a tribute to the Italian Flag.
So I hope you guys like this one too. I love pizzas and I think this is a great healthy and low-calorie alternative. :P