Chicken and Rice Soup
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 44 oz chicken broth
- 3/4 table spoon thyme
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 cup long grain brown rice
- Wash the chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and chop into 1inch thick pieces
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in pan and saute chicken pieces for 6-8 mins, until chicken is well done. Set chicken aside for later.
- heat oil in a large pot, saute onion and garlic over medium heat until translucent. And celery and carrot to pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Chicken broth, thyme, cooked chicken, cabbage, bay leaves, water and rice to the pot. Simmer soup for 30 minutes or until rice is completely cooked.
I hope you guys liked this easy chicken and rice recipe. Its a great warm meal for those who want their rice fix and chicken protein. ^-^
Lara Krystle “Lane” Novales