Things you need:
- 7-9 pcs of chicken wings (the baby drumstick part)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of garlic (crushed and chopped roughly)
- 2 medium to large potatoes (cut into 1 inch quarters)
- 1 large carrot (cut into 1 inch quarters)
- 1/2 cup of green peas (i used the prepackaged frozen ones)
- Japanese Curry Sauce (4-5 blocks)
What you need to do:
- Heat about 2 tbsp of oil in the pan. Sautee the garlic and the onions together until the garlic become a bit golden and the onions are medium cook (not too transparent).
- If you rinse your chicken pat them dry and then add them to the pan and sautee them until the skin is no longer pink (2 mins)
- Add the potatoes and 500ML of water ( the potatoes needs to be submerged in the water so add more if needed)
- cover the pot/pan and place it in medium heat and let it cook for 10 mins.
- Add the carrots and peas then cover again and cook for another 5 mins.
- Get those Japanese curry sauce mix that comes in cubes like this one:
- place 4 blocks of the curry sauce into the pan and mix well until it dissolves and the sauce becomes thick. Cook for another 5 mins carefully stirring occasionally because the curry tends to stick at to the bottom of the pan
- VOILA serve with white rice.
oh and if you want to make it a bit more healthy, you can replace the chicken wing to chicken breast cut in cubes roughly the same size as the carrots and potatos. but you’ll have to put the potatoes in first and let that cook for 10 mins before you add the chicken breast with the carrots and peas.
The reason for this is so that the chicken breast does not get too dry. Nothing pisses me off more than dry chicken breast. ^-^
So yeah I cooked that for my father’s birthday and it was really good. I love Japanese curry so much. Heck i I love CURRY period! I would rather eat curry than pizza any day.