Philly Cheesesteak Lettuce Cups
- 2 leaves romaine, butter, or green leaf lettuce
- 3 ounces raw lean beefsteak fillet
- 1/3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup thinsly sliced onion
- 1 slice fat-free American cheese
- Slice your fillet into thin strips
- Spray a medium pan with nonstick spray and bring to medium hear. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are slightly browned. Transfer veggies to a bowl and set aside.
- Remove pan from hear, and re spritz with nonstick spray. Cook fillet strips over medium high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Break cheese slice into small strips. Place cheese on top of meat – still in the pan- and continue to cook until cheese has melted slightly
- Remove from heat and mix the cheesy beef strips in with the veggies.
- Serve in lettuce “cups.
Using lettuce as cups is a great way to substitute the bread that we usually use for philly cheesteak sandwiches. Guilt free food from Hungry Girl!
Lara Krystle “Lane” Novales